Bring it on!
Can ya tell who I support?
It’ll be 9 years this year – and alot has happened since NSW won Origin
SINCE NSW LAST WON A STATE OF ORIGIN SERIES … (Sourced entirely from News.com.au article written yesterday);
1. The iPhone was created
The first version was released in 2007. We’ve been enslaved ever since.
2. Australia made it to the knockout stages of a football World Cup
How Kewell was that?
3. We’ve had four different prime ministers
Howard, Rudd, Gillard and Abbott.
4. Twitter was launched
No one has ever tweeted about NSW winning a series.
5. Kim Kardashian appeared in a sex tape
And became famous in the process.
6. America elected its first black president
Then re-elected him for good measure.
7. Facebook usurped Myspace’s throne
Ending the terrifying reign of the Top Friends list.
8. Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus rose to fame
And they’re the only people on the planet who are richer for it.
9. The A-League was contested for the first time
Since then, its standard has risen from “rubbish” to “sub-par”.
10. The Global Financial Crisis happened
And made everyone feel a little blue. Even Queenslanders.
11. Roger Federer won 12 grand slams
Meanwhile, NSW only won seven matches.
12. Breaking Bad started and finished
It was, ironically, very addictive.
13. YouTube became a thing
Having been founded in February of 2005.
14. Shane Warne, Glenn McGrath, Ricky Ponting, Matthew Hayden, Justin Langer and Adam Gilchrist retired
Australian cricket died for a while.
15. Sydney won its first AFL flag
And at least 10 per cent of the city’s population noticed.
16. We lost some famous faces
Michael Jackson, Heath Ledger, Whitney Houston, Cory Monteith, James Gandolfini, Brittany Murphy, Amy Winehouse and Paul Walker, among others.
17. NASA shut down its space shuttle program
Because Queensland had already claimed every star.